- PM launches new-look Proton Perdana as govt's official car
- 'Fake' interpreter at Mandela event claims illness
- Restaurant owner survives shooting
- MCA's '3 kingdom' battle
- IKEA recalls lamp following death of child
- 20 years on, no one forgets Highland Towers
- Manhunt launched for bogus interpreter at Mandela’s memorial service
- 2nd Penang bridge to be opened in Feb 2014
- New-look Perdana is govt official car
- Saudi beheads man for incest
- Celebrations on hold
- Asiana crash victim was run over twice
- Bad weather forces emergency landing for helicopter in Bintulu
- 'Anwar unfit to be leader'
- Haniff Omar's son dies after falling into drain More
Tekun grants loans to 19,615 entrepreneurs, petty traders
RAUB: Some 19,615 entrepreneurs and petty traders in Pahang have received loans under the TEKUN financing facility worth RM143 million to expand their businesses.
According to Dong assemblyman Datuk Shahiruddin Ab Moin, the loan recipients were involved in businesses like restaurants, sundry shops, selling vegetables, fish and poultry as well as small and medium enterprises (SME).
“Although TEKUN offers small loans which start with RM5,000 as capital, it has produced many successful entrepreneurs and petty traders and can even get loans up to RM50,000," he told reporters after visiting TEKUN entrepreneurs and traders here.
Also present during the visit was Pahang TEKUN director Hassan Annuar. -- BERNAMA