- Rep: Recall all ICs from Project IC
- Nearly 1,000 villagers in Sibu left homeless in fire
- Singapore smog breaches 'hazardous' level
- Disabled woman, US child held captive with snakes
- One of 3 HK tourists injured in KK train accident, dies
- Singapore, Indonesia to hold talks on smog crisis
- Tests find no trace of body tissue from wreckage
- New MERS virus spreads easily, deadlier than SARS
- Baby abuse case: Yuliana was sane during incident, says report
- Britain's William and Kate do not know sex of royal baby
- Hawker's family views CCTV clip
- 'CCTV images may yield clue on hawker's fate'
- HK tourists hurt in train vs cars crash in KK
- Teen country singer Bradbery captures ’The Voice’ season crown
- Paris tackles rudeness to tourists with new manual More
Tekun grants loans to 19,615 entrepreneurs, petty traders
RAUB: Some 19,615 entrepreneurs and petty traders in Pahang have received loans under the TEKUN financing facility worth RM143 million to expand their businesses.
According to Dong assemblyman Datuk Shahiruddin Ab Moin, the loan recipients were involved in businesses like restaurants, sundry shops, selling vegetables, fish and poultry as well as small and medium enterprises (SME).
“Although TEKUN offers small loans which start with RM5,000 as capital, it has produced many successful entrepreneurs and petty traders and can even get loans up to RM50,000," he told reporters after visiting TEKUN entrepreneurs and traders here.
Also present during the visit was Pahang TEKUN director Hassan Annuar. -- BERNAMA