- Six people killed in an accident at Kampung Pandan
- Malaysian boy on holiday killed in front of mother
- Waterspouts spotted off Lido Beach in Johor
- Man high on wanted list shot dead by police
- Court dismisses defamation suit by Gardenia
- Malaysian sues U.S. govt
- India diplomat says she faced cavity search in NYC
- AirAsia X to buy 25 more A330-300S for US$6 billion
- Indian national and teenage woman found murdered in apartment
- 'No jobs for medical grads next year'
- Heavier prison sentence for policeman found guilty of incest
- Property bubble: fact or fantasy?
- Actress Azean Irdawaty dies
- Customs men among 11 held in raids
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier More
KUALA LUMPUR: Kuala Lumpur Fire and Rescue Department spokesman said there was a flash flood at Jalan Kuching, before the ramp to the Segambut roundabout.
“Everything is under control so far. The water near the roundabout has been pumped out by our machine. Traffic is back to normal.
“There was also a massive congestion on DUKE highway, from Gombak heading to Petaling Jaya, and along Jalan Kelang Lama heading towards Kuala Lumpur,” he said.
Meanwhile, several locations in Selangor were also struck by flash floods, causing damages to property this morning.
Among the areas hit were Kampung Ulu Kalong, Ulu Yam; Kampung Genting Malek, Batang Kali; Kampung Masjid, Batang Kali; Lorong Haji Nordin, Ulu Yam; Kampung Batu 30, Ulu Yam Lama; Kampung Tengah; Kampung Sungai Manis, Batang Kali; Kampung Sekolah, Batang Kali; Kampung Seri Cahaya, Batang Kali; Kampung Ulu Yam Baru, Batang Kali; Jalan Kampung Kuantan, Kampung Genting; No 1566, Jalan Batang Kali; animal shelter quarters and Kampung Sentosa.
Selangor Fire and Rescue Department urged residents who live in the area or nearby to be extra cautious.
“We are still in the midst of assisting the residents at Batang Kali,” the official said.