- BANTING MURDERS: Judge praises police investigators
- BANTING MURDERS: N. Pathmanabhan, three farm hands gets death
- Trio detained for making seditious remarks
- British soldier hacked to death by Muslim terrorist
- BANTING MURDERS: Full Judgement
- Graphic sex in applauded lesbian love story gets Cannes buzzing
- MACC begins investigation on payment in under-age rape victim case
- BANTING MURDERS: Chronology of events
- Police confirm sex videos seizure of Pas leader
- New passport improvement
- BANTING MURDERS: Guilty verdict brings closure for victims' families
- Applications for late registration of births increased tremendously since 2009, RCI told
- Police classify death of man in lock-up as murder
- Muhyiddin wants more aggresive promotion of Msian tourism products
- Immigrations Dept keeping watchful eye over foreigners More
KUALA LUMPUR: Kuala Lumpur Fire and Rescue Department spokesman said there was a flash flood at Jalan Kuching, before the ramp to the Segambut roundabout.
“Everything is under control so far. The water near the roundabout has been pumped out by our machine. Traffic is back to normal.
“There was also a massive congestion on DUKE highway, from Gombak heading to Petaling Jaya, and along Jalan Kelang Lama heading towards Kuala Lumpur,” he said.
Meanwhile, several locations in Selangor were also struck by flash floods, causing damages to property this morning.
Among the areas hit were Kampung Ulu Kalong, Ulu Yam; Kampung Genting Malek, Batang Kali; Kampung Masjid, Batang Kali; Lorong Haji Nordin, Ulu Yam; Kampung Batu 30, Ulu Yam Lama; Kampung Tengah; Kampung Sungai Manis, Batang Kali; Kampung Sekolah, Batang Kali; Kampung Seri Cahaya, Batang Kali; Kampung Ulu Yam Baru, Batang Kali; Jalan Kampung Kuantan, Kampung Genting; No 1566, Jalan Batang Kali; animal shelter quarters and Kampung Sentosa.
Selangor Fire and Rescue Department urged residents who live in the area or nearby to be extra cautious.
“We are still in the midst of assisting the residents at Batang Kali,” the official said.