- One million residents in Selangor, KL to face water disruption from Tuesday
- Four injured in RapidKL bus crash in Jalan Pudu
- United States thanks Malaysia for saving their soldiers in Somalia
- Lynas engineer drowns in pond at plant
- 50 including 47 foreigners nabbed in Internet love scam in Kepong
- My kampung Taman Tun Dr Ismail
- Bad weather forces emergency landing for helicopter in Bintulu
- Downpour causes flash floods, traffic congestions in Klang Valley
- Teen escapes rape attempt in mall
- Annuar Musa quits all football posts with immediate effect
- Water cuts in Selangor, KL next week
- Shaken not stirred: Did 007 have alcoholic tremor?
- Abducted baby rescued within 24 hours
- Football fan shot and killed in Buenos Aires
- Housewife cheated of RM20,000 worth of jewellery More
KUALA LUMPUR: Kuala Lumpur Fire and Rescue Department spokesman said there was a flash flood at Jalan Kuching, before the ramp to the Segambut roundabout.
“Everything is under control so far. The water near the roundabout has been pumped out by our machine. Traffic is back to normal.
“There was also a massive congestion on DUKE highway, from Gombak heading to Petaling Jaya, and along Jalan Kelang Lama heading towards Kuala Lumpur,” he said.
Meanwhile, several locations in Selangor were also struck by flash floods, causing damages to property this morning.
Among the areas hit were Kampung Ulu Kalong, Ulu Yam; Kampung Genting Malek, Batang Kali; Kampung Masjid, Batang Kali; Lorong Haji Nordin, Ulu Yam; Kampung Batu 30, Ulu Yam Lama; Kampung Tengah; Kampung Sungai Manis, Batang Kali; Kampung Sekolah, Batang Kali; Kampung Seri Cahaya, Batang Kali; Kampung Ulu Yam Baru, Batang Kali; Jalan Kampung Kuantan, Kampung Genting; No 1566, Jalan Batang Kali; animal shelter quarters and Kampung Sentosa.
Selangor Fire and Rescue Department urged residents who live in the area or nearby to be extra cautious.
“We are still in the midst of assisting the residents at Batang Kali,” the official said.