- Police denied photo of Adam Adli being handcuffed was taken at the Jinjang police station
- ‘ Accept reality, Anwar’
- 66,000 ICs issued to Sabah immigrants
- Malaysia Airlines helps mum, child
- Mama proposes RM6,000 fee
- Birthday outing takes tragic turn
- Mother and two-month-old baby died in after ramming into an electric pole
- SUDIRMAN CUP: Kim Her stands by fading pair
- Epileptic woman who stayed alone found dead
- “I thought I knew him...”
- Zahid: Probe into Lahad Datu intrusion completed
- Police solved Pakistani murder
- Water woes for KL, Selangor folk
- Police confirm sex videos seizure of Pas leader
- MAS served beyond its normal duties: CEO More
Tun M awarded honorary PhD in automotive engineering
KUANTAN: Former prime minister Tun Dr. Mahathir Mohamad will be awarded an honorary doctorate in automotive engineering from Universiti Malaysia Pahang (UMP) for his contributions and continuous efforts in the development of the country's automotive industry.
He will receive the award from UMP Chancellor, the Tengku Mahkota of Pahang, Tengku Abdullah Sultan Ahmad Shah, at the university's special convocation
ceremony at its Gambang campus here on May 17.
UMP Vice-Chancellor Professor Datuk Dr Daing Nasir Ibrahim said the honorary doctorate would be given to Dr Mahathir in appreciation of his contributions for
being a prime mover in the country's motoring industry, leading to the production of the first national car, the Proton Saga, in 1985.
"His vision and far-sightedness on the huge potential of the automotive industry as the driver of economic growth has seen many locals who are expert and with high skills in the field of automotive engineering," he added.
He said an exhibition on Tun Mahathir, including his biodata and contributions in the development of the country's automotive industry, as well as UMP's involvement in the automotive field, would also be held during the convocation. - Bernama