- 3 Lamborghinis up in flames
- Two killed in six-vehicle pile up near Senawang
- Three Lamborghinis go up in flames in pile-up
- East coast may be hit by second flood wave
- Football: 2014 World Cup team-by-team guide
- World Cup draw 2014: Spain kick off with Dutch rematch, England handed tough
- Soi Lek's son up for MCA veep post
- 'Make Sunni Islam official religion'
- World Cup draw 2014: Brazil will host "Cup of Cups" - Brazil president
- Xbox One makes hot debut as console war revs up
- Nadal downs old rival Federer to reach final
- FLOOD : Kuantan town centre almost paralysed, 37,100 evacuated in 4 states
- Flood relief boat capsized, six passengers escape death
- 'Extend AP system to 2020 to help Bumis'
- World Cup draw 2014: Boateng brothers to square off again in Brazil More
Tun M awarded honorary PhD in automotive engineering
KUANTAN: Former prime minister Tun Dr. Mahathir Mohamad will be awarded an honorary doctorate in automotive engineering from Universiti Malaysia Pahang (UMP) for his contributions and continuous efforts in the development of the country's automotive industry.
He will receive the award from UMP Chancellor, the Tengku Mahkota of Pahang, Tengku Abdullah Sultan Ahmad Shah, at the university's special convocation
ceremony at its Gambang campus here on May 17.
UMP Vice-Chancellor Professor Datuk Dr Daing Nasir Ibrahim said the honorary doctorate would be given to Dr Mahathir in appreciation of his contributions for
being a prime mover in the country's motoring industry, leading to the production of the first national car, the Proton Saga, in 1985.
"His vision and far-sightedness on the huge potential of the automotive industry as the driver of economic growth has seen many locals who are expert and with high skills in the field of automotive engineering," he added.
He said an exhibition on Tun Mahathir, including his biodata and contributions in the development of the country's automotive industry, as well as UMP's involvement in the automotive field, would also be held during the convocation. - Bernama