- BANTING MURDERS: Judge praises police investigators
- BANTING MURDERS: N. Pathmanabhan, three farm hands gets death
- Trio detained for making seditious remarks
- New passport improvement
- British soldier hacked to death by Muslim terrorist
- BANTING MURDERS: Full Judgement
- Police confirm sex videos seizure of Pas leader
- Graphic sex in applauded lesbian love story gets Cannes buzzing
- MACC begins investigation on payment in under-age rape victim case
- BANTING MURDERS: Guilty verdict brings closure for victims' families
- Muhyiddin wants more aggresive promotion of Msian tourism products
- Five dead as police helicopter crashes in Venezuela
- Immigrations Dept keeping watchful eye over foreigners
- BANTING MURDERS: Chronology of events
- Applications for late registration of births increased tremendously since 2009, RCI told More
KUALA LUMPUR: Police shot dead two robbers and injured another in a shootout at Bulatan Bilion, Cheras earlier today.
The 11.30am shootout happened after policemen chased the robbers' black Proton Exora for about a kilometre before they managed to stop them.
City CID chief Datuk Ku Chin Wah said the special task team, which was set up to track the gang after they robbed a jewellery store in Shah Alam early this month, managed to locate them near a private hospital in Cheras.
The suspects sped off after police tried to stop them, and when they were cornered by several unmarked police cars at the roundabout, one of them fired several shots towards the cops.
Ku said police returned fire, killing two of them aged 24 and 40 instantly, including the shooter.
The injured suspect was sent to a private hospital nearby for immediate emergency treatment.
Ku said police found a Glock semiautomatic pistol, several parang and methamphetamine drug inside the car, which was reported stolen in Kajang.