- 3 Lamborghinis up in flames
- Two killed in six-vehicle pile up near Senawang
- Football: 2014 World Cup team-by-team guide
- World Cup draw 2014: Spain kick off with Dutch rematch, England handed tough
- Three Lamborghinis go up in flames in pile-up
- World Cup draw 2014: Brazil will host "Cup of Cups" - Brazil president
- World Cup draw 2014: Boateng brothers to square off again in Brazil
- Flood relief boat capsized, six passengers escape death
- Nadal downs old rival Federer to reach final
- World Cup draw 2014: Homage to Mandela at World Cup draw
- Soi Lek's son up for MCA veep post
- FLOOD : Kuantan town centre almost paralysed, 37,100 evacuated in 4 states
- FATAL CRASH
- Anwar's creepy cameo
- Adopt affordability based payment mechanism: Umno Kelantan More
KUALA LUMPUR: Police shot dead two robbers and injured another in a shootout at Bulatan Bilion, Cheras earlier today.
The 11.30am shootout happened after policemen chased the robbers' black Proton Exora for about a kilometre before they managed to stop them.
City CID chief Datuk Ku Chin Wah said the special task team, which was set up to track the gang after they robbed a jewellery store in Shah Alam early this month, managed to locate them near a private hospital in Cheras.
The suspects sped off after police tried to stop them, and when they were cornered by several unmarked police cars at the roundabout, one of them fired several shots towards the cops.
Ku said police returned fire, killing two of them aged 24 and 40 instantly, including the shooter.
The injured suspect was sent to a private hospital nearby for immediate emergency treatment.
Ku said police found a Glock semiautomatic pistol, several parang and methamphetamine drug inside the car, which was reported stolen in Kajang.