- 'We are ready to move forward'
- Low aims for bold anti-graft measures
- Nokia's affordable handphones
- GST implementation to add up to RM27b to Malaysia's income
- Clean water supply in Selangor, KL steadily decreasing: Syabas
- ‘Opposition chaos agenda’ claim
- Small fire sends smoke into 787 cabin in Boston
- Govt agency head held over 'khalwat'
- Saiful, Nik Suryani to tie the knot
- Chef detained in connection with wife's murder
- Police confirm sex videos seizure of Pas leader
- New Xbox more than a game console
- Cool, cool hills
- Poul-Erik Hoyer Larsen is the new President of BWF
- Bollywood bad boy Dutt held in 'terrorist' jail cell: report More
KUALA LUMPUR: Police shot dead two robbers and injured another in a shootout at Bulatan Bilion, Cheras earlier today.
The 11.30am shootout happened after policemen chased the robbers' black Proton Exora for about a kilometre before they managed to stop them.
City CID chief Datuk Ku Chin Wah said the special task team, which was set up to track the gang after they robbed a jewellery store in Shah Alam early this month, managed to locate them near a private hospital in Cheras.
The suspects sped off after police tried to stop them, and when they were cornered by several unmarked police cars at the roundabout, one of them fired several shots towards the cops.
Ku said police returned fire, killing two of them aged 24 and 40 instantly, including the shooter.
The injured suspect was sent to a private hospital nearby for immediate emergency treatment.
Ku said police found a Glock semiautomatic pistol, several parang and methamphetamine drug inside the car, which was reported stolen in Kajang.