- 'No jobs for medical grads next year'
- Housemaid dies of shock during house break-in
- SEA GAMES: Malaysia lose 3-4 to Indonesia
- Fatal accident: British victim's family to reclaim body
- 6 foreigners die in car crash
- Six people killed in an accident at Kampung Pandan
- PMR: Girl defies sleeping disorder to score 8A's
- ASB unitholders to get 7.70 sen for a unit, also one sen bonus for a unit
- Gang-rape charge for those abetting in one
- Malaysian boy on holiday killed in front of mother
- IGP's statement was misinterpreted: Sabah CP
- Azih Muda is new Cuepacs president
- Stranded plane blocks runway at South Sudan's Juba Airport
- Indian national and teenage woman found murdered in apartment
- 30,988 students obtains all As in PMR More
KLANG: Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak today advised the people to always value their parents regardless of their rank and position.
He said a person would not be successful in life without the undivided love and sacrifices of his or her parents.
As such, he said, if one held a high position whether a millionaire, tycoon, politician or prime minister, all the deeds of parents must be remembered.
"I will speak frankly. I would never have become a Prime Minister if not for the roles played of my parents. If my parents did not bring me up well and I did not listen to their advice, it is not possible that I am Prime Minister today.
"In the culture of the Chinese, they emphasise the values of respecting the parents. The Malays also have the same values, to the extent in Islam, it is said that heaven lies under the feet of the mother, and similarly the Indians have the same values," he said in his speech at a dinner in conjunction with Parents Day organised by MCA at Sekolah Jenis Kebangsaan (C) Pandamaran B, here, tonight.
The Prime Minister said the people must also remember the good deeds of the parties which made much sacrifices in helping them all these while, by endeavouring to create harmony in the country.
"The Chinese proverb says 'If one drinks water from a well, do not forget the person who dug the well'. The Barisan Nasional has proven to be successful in creating harmony and peace to the extent of enabling all communities to live without obstacles and obstructions.
"I also give my assurance that as Prime Minister, I will endeavour to protect the peace and harmony in the country so that all races can live in peace," he added. BERNAMA