- PM launches new-look Proton Perdana as govt's official car
- MCA's '3 kingdom' battle
- Restaurant owner survives shooting
- 'Fake' interpreter at Mandela event claims illness
- IKEA recalls lamp following death of child
- 20 years on, no one forgets Highland Towers
- 2nd Penang bridge to be opened in Feb 2014
- Manhunt launched for bogus interpreter at Mandela’s memorial service
- New-look Perdana is govt official car
- Saudi beheads man for incest
- Asiana crash victim was run over twice
- Celebrations on hold
- Haniff Omar's son dies after falling into drain
- 'Anwar unfit to be leader'
- 'Time to put the past behind us' More
KUALA LUMPUR: The WWW car registration series has created a new high, with WWW 1 going for RM520,000.
Transport Minister Datuk Seri Kong Cho Ha said the total amount of bids stood at RM64,225,838.51.
“Revenue from successful bidders is anticipated at RM11.3 million, which is 10 times more than the usual collection in the previous series,” he said in a statement.
The highest bid previously was for MCA 1, which was sold for RM300,100.
A total of 18,243 bids were received from April 30 to May 14.
Kong said the WWW series had set a record of sorts as there were 13 successful bids of more than RM100,000, including three, which were more than RM300,000.
The WWW 333 plate was the most popular, with 84 bidders, he said.
Kong also said 4,908 numbers in the series had been taken up while the rest would become running numbers.
He added that the final results would be uploaded onto the Road Transport Department portal at www.jpj.gov.my on Monday.
He also said successful bidders would be notified from June 6.
WWW registrations will commence on June 15.