PUTRAJAYA: The Federal Court reserved judgment on Datuk Seri Najib Razak's application for leave to review his 12-year jail sentence and RM210 million fine for misappropriating SRC International funds.
A five-member bench led by Chief Judge of Sabah and Sarawak Datuk Abdul Rahman Sebli said the court needed time to consider the case.
"We are not able to decide today.
"We will inform the parties once we are ready with our decision, no later than March 31," he said.
He said this after hearing lengthy submissions from both parties today.
The other panelists were Federal Court judges Datuk Vernon Ong Lam Kiat, Datuk Rhodzariah Bujang, and Datuk Nordin Hassan as well as Court of Appeal judge Datuk Abu Bakar Jais.
The former prime minister is seeking a review of the Federal Court's decision to reject his application to adduce fresh evidence relating to the then High Court judge Datuk Mohd Nazlan Mohd Ghazali.
He is also seeking a review of the court's decision to dismiss his bid to postpone his appeal hearing as well as the decision to recuse Chief Justice Tun Tengku Maimun Tuan Mat.
Najib is also seeking a review of the court's decision on Aug 23 last year, to affirm his conviction and sentence.
Najib, 70, was found guilty of abuse of power in relation to a RM4 billion loan given by Retirement Fund (Inc) (KWAP) to SRC between August 2011 and March 2012.
He was also convicted of criminal breach of trust and money laundering involving RM42 million of SRC funds between Dec 26, 2014, and Feb 10, 2015.
For this, Najib was sentenced to 12 years' jail and fined RM210 million by the High Court, with the jail sentence and fine being upheld by the Court of Appeal on Dec 8, 2021, and further affirmed by the Federal Court on Aug 23 last year.