KUALA LUMPUR: Entertainment outlets in the city complied with the standard operating procedures (SOP) set after they were officially allowed to resume operations from midnight.
Some of the entertainment centres operated until 3am based on the license issued by the local authority.
Kuala Lumpur Criminal Investigation Department chief Senior Assistant Commissioner Habibi Majinji said in line with permission from the National Security Council (NSC), all these entertainment outlets had complied with the SOP.
"Following checks at all districts in Kuala Lumpur, namely Sentul, Dang Wangi, Cheras, Brickfields and Wangsa Maju, we found that most of these entertainment outlets have been following the SOP issued earlier.
"This includes patrons taking a Covid-19 self-test within 24 hours before entering the premises," he told Berita Harian today.
Habibi said only two entertainment outlets; one in Kepong and Jalan Tan Siew Sin in Dang Wangi were found operating beyond permissible hours.
"Action will be taken, should the owner or manager of an entertainment centre violate all the conditions set, not only by the NSC but also other offences.
"Random operations and inspections will be continued daily to ensure that owners and visitors comply with the conditions set, especially to curb the spread of Covid-19 infection."
He said based on checks last night, the owners had also complied with the permissible capacity of visitors at their premises.
On April 27, Health Minister Khairy Jamaluddin announced that all activities under NSC's negative list will be dropped starting May 15.
Nightclub activities had been the only thing on the NSC's negative list, and had been so since the first Movement Control Order was enforced in 2020.