French boy dies after being stung by jellyfish in Pangkor

LUMUT: A 5-year-old French boy died after being stung by a jellyfish while swimming at Teluk Nipah beach in Pulau Pangkor here on Monday.

In the 6.45pm incident, the victim was believed to have been stung on the stomach, left hand and left leg.

The victim was declared dead while receiving treatment at Pangkor Health Clinic.

Manjung police chief Assistant Commissioner Nor Omar Sappi today said police were contacted by the clinic staff, who reported that the boy had died.

"An examination of the victim's body found that there were wounds believed to be jellyfish stings on the abdomen, left hand and left leg. The boy's death was confirmed by a medical officer."

Nor Omar said the boy and his family had come to Pangkor for a holiday.

"The case has been classified as sudden death," he said, adding that the body had been taken to the Forensic Unit of Seri Manjung Hospital for a post-mortem.

Most Popular
Related Article
Says Stories