KUALA LUMPUR: Popular actor and director Datuk Farid Kamil Zahari denied once again rumours that his marriage was on the rocks.
“There’s nothing unusual about my relationship with my wife,” he said to reporters outside the Petaling Jaya court complex earlier today.
He was brought to court to face a drug abuse charge, to which he pleaded not guilty.
“I’m glad that I have my family, my wife and my children who are always praying for my safety. I also want to thank the many Malaysians who have been praying for me,” he said.
Asked if he had met his children, he said yes as they were all staying in the same house.
When asked about the treatment he was said to be undergoing, the artiste said that it was going on fine.
Farid, however, did not comment further on the charges he had been charged with, and stated that his silence on the matter was out of respect for the law, as the court proceedings were still ongoing.
On Wednesday, Farid uploaded a photo of him holding a police report with the Mutiara Damansara Police Station in the background.
It was later reported that the 37-year-old artiste had actually requested that access be granted to his younger brother, Dr Anis Anwar Zahari, to enter his residence at Casa Tropicana, Damansara in order to collect his belongings there.
The source said that at the time the police report was made, his two children, Muhammad and Aurora, were in his care.
Farid must have made the report as a protective measure in order to safeguard his actions.
The police report was apparently made at the Pantai Police Station in Lembah Pantai, as opposed to the Mutiara Damansara Police Station, which was previously reported.
The source revealed that Farid had made his initial report at the police station on Jan 18 but the case was later referred to the police station in Damansara due to its proximity to his residence.
Before this, the actor made headlines for slapping a police officer and kicking two other civilians at the Kota Damansara Traffic Police Station on Jan 11.
He was released on bail on Jan 17 after pleading not guilty to four charges, which included criminal assault of a public servant and another count for disorderly conduct.