Datuk Farid Kamil speaks to reporters during a press conference in Shah Alam. Pic by SYARAFIQ ABD SAMAD

SHAH ALAM: The two men who actor Datuk Farid Kamil had alleged to have spiked his beverage which resulted in him assaulting a police officer and civilian last month were not Osh and Taj.

"I was surprised and disappointed when I read in the newspapers that Taj and Osh who had given statements to the police recently were not the actual men," said the 36-year-old actor during a Press conference here this afternoon in Setia Alam.

Accompanied by his three lawyers, he said: "I had already given the pictures of the two people involved to the authorities."

Farid said that although the two men were also named Osh and Taj, they weren't the two which was reported by the media.

He added that a police line-up or identification parade wasn't conducted.

On Jan 31, Farid lodged a report at the Taman Tun Dr Ismail police station that fellow artistes had a beverage he was drinking a day before his well-publicised Jan 11 incident.

On that day, Farid was arrested for allegedly attacking a policeman and a civilian at the Kota Damansara Traffic Police Station in Petaling Jaya on the same day.

He was released on a RM12,000 bail on Jan 17 after pleading not guilty to four charges, with two counts of voluntarily causing hurt, and one count each for disorderly conduct and obstructing a public servant from carrying out his duty. His case was fixed for mention on March 5.

On Jan 25, Farid was again charged at the magistrate’s court with consuming cannabis, and was allowed bail at RM4,000. The court has fixed March 5 for mention.

It was recently reported that Osh or Ahmad Fairuz Ahmad Rusli, 47, and Taj or Ahmad Tajuddin Mohamed Tahir, 43, had already issued their statements to the police and were considering taking legal action against the actor.