SHAH ALAM: The two men who actor Datuk Farid Kamil, 36, had alleged had spiked his beverage which resulted in him assaulting a police officer and civilian last month were not Osh and Taj.
“I was surprised and disappointed when I read in the newspapers that Taj and Osh who had given statements to the police recently were not the actual men,” said the actor during a press conference here yesterday.
Accompanied by his three lawyers, he said: “I had already given the pictures of the two people involved to the authorities.”
Farid said that although the two men were also named Osh and Taj, they weren’t the two reported by the media.
He added that a police line-up or identification parade wasn’t conducted.
On Jan 31, Farid lodged a report at the Taman Tun Dr Ismail police station that fellow artistes had spiked a beverage he was drinking a day before his well-publicised Jan 11 incident.
On the same day, Farid was arrested for allegedly attacking a policeman and a civilian at the Kota Damansara Traffic Police Station in Petaling Jaya.
He was released on a RM12,000 bail on Jan 17 after pleading not guilty to four charges, with two counts of voluntarily causing hurt and one count each for disorderly conduct and obstructing a public servant from carrying out his duty.
On Jan 25, Farid was again charged at the magistrate’s court with consuming cannabis, and was allowed bail of RM4,000. His case has been fixed for mention on March 5.
It was recently reported that Osh or Ahmad Fairuz Ahmad Rusli, 47, and Taj or Ahmad Tajuddin Mohamed Tahir, 43, had already issued statements to the police and were considering taking legal action against the actor.