JAKARTA: The attacks on central Jakarta are over.
Jakarta police confirmed that five assailants have been killed, AP reported.
The bombing and gun attack in the busy shopping area on Thamarin Street in downtown Jakarta also saw two other people killed.
Jakarta police spokesman Col. Muhammad Iqbal said they have secured the area and there are no more attackers in the vicinity.
"We believe there are no more attackers around Sarinah (shopping mall). We have taken control," AP quoted him as saying.
He said two of the attackers have been were killed by police but did not say how the others died.
It remains unclear if any more attackers are at large outside the Sarinah area.
Police had earlier said four attackers and three others were killed but later revised the numbers. Witnesses had also told AP that they saw five attackers.
Attackers this morning set off explosions at a Starbucks in a bustling shopping area in Indonesia's capital and waged gun battles with police Thursday, leaving bodies in the streets as office workers watched in terror from high-rise windows.
The area has many luxury hotels, and offices and embassies, including the French. The other set of explosions were in neighborhoods where the embassies of Turkey and Pakistan are located.
Police said four of the attackers and three others were killed in the brazen attacks, which came after several warnings in recent weeks by the police that Islamic militants were planning something big.
No one has yet claimed responsibility for the attacks, which took place in front of the Sarinah shopping mall on Thamrin Street which prompted a security lockdown in central Jakarta and enhanced checks all over the crowded city of 10 million.
After the first explosions a gun-battle broke out between the attackers and anti-terror police squads, and gunfire could be heard more than 1 ½ hours later, AP reported.