Close ↓
In this image grab taken from a video on March 26, 2016 shows Faycal Cheffou, one of the main suspects of the Brussels attacks, speaking in a video posted on YouTube in 2014 in which he calls himself an independent journalist demanding the authorities respect the rights of asylum-seekers. Faycal Cheffou, believed to be the "man in a hat" pictured in CCTV footage alongside the two airport bombers, but whose device did not go off, is the first person to face terrorist offences over the bloodiest attacks ever to strike the symbolic capital of Europe.
In this image grab taken from a video on March 26, 2016 shows Faycal Cheffou, one of the main suspects of the Brussels attacks, speaking in a video posted on YouTube in 2014 in which he calls himself an independent journalist demanding the authorities respect the rights of asylum-seekers. Faycal Cheffou, believed to be the "man in a hat" pictured in CCTV footage alongside the two airport bombers, but whose device did not go off, is the first person to face terrorist offences over the bloodiest attacks ever to strike the symbolic capital of Europe.

BRUSSELS: The sole suspect charged over last week’s Brussels attacks was released Monday following a lack of evidence linking him to the carnage, Belgian prosecutors said.

“The indications that led to the arrest of Faycal C. were not substantiated by the ongoing inquiry. As a result, the subject has been released by the examining magistrate,” the federal prosecutor’s office said in a statement, without giving further details.

Belgian nedia had identified the man as Faycal Cheffou who claimed to be a freelance journalist.

Close ↓