Close ↓
(File pix) Former Malaysian defence attaché, Muhammed Rizalman Ismail who was convicted of assaulting a woman in Wellington, New Zealand has been extradited after serving his sentence.

KUALA LUMPUR: Former Malaysian defence attaché, Muhammad Rizalman Ismail who was convicted for assaulting a woman in Wellington, New Zealand has been extradited after serving his sentence.

The New Zealand Herald reported the New Zealand police have confirmed today that Rizalman has been deported back to Malaysia after serving his nine-month house arrest, which ended yesterday.

He had earlier pleaded guilty to the charge levelled against him in December last year and was handed sentence in February.

The news portal had also reported that a police spokeswoman confirmed that Rizalman was escorted from Wellington to Kuala Lumpur by two New Zealand police officers last night.

A spokesman for Justice Minister Amy Adams had also said that Adams had issued a removal order under the Extradition Act.

On May 9, 2014 Rizalman entered a young woman’s bedroom with his pants and underwear down. He was charged over the incident but left New Zealand before further court proceedings began.

After public backlash, Rizalman was extradited to New Zealand on October 24, 2014. He admitted to defecating outside her house.

Rizalman said that he had a bathroom emergency in the 30-40 minutes he waited outside the victim’s house.

Close ↓