PETALING JAYA: Thirty-three suspected members of 'Gang 24 Apache’ are expected to be charged at Klang Sessions court tomorrow.
Selangor police chief Datuk Mazlan Mansor said those detained were being investigated under Section 130V of the Penal Code for being a member of organised criminal group and Section 130W for assisting an organised criminal group.
"They have been detained for 28 days under the Security Offences (Special Measures) Act 2012 (Sosma) and will be brought to court tomorrow," he said.
It is learnt that more than 100 policemen will escort the 33 individuals, who are currently held in Sungai Buloh and Kajang prison.
Other than Sosma, the police had taken action on some them for being involved in the underworld under Prevention of Crime Act (Poca).
Between January and July, Mazlan said a total of 266 people have been arrested under Poca.
He said police are also looking for 15 more individuals, in their 20s and 40s, believed to be members of the same gang.
1. A.Sivabala,30, last known address at No. 86 Jalan 10, Pandamaran Indah, Klang
2. M.Komandass, 37, No. 36 Lorong Selar 1, Jalan Tepi Sungai Klang
3. R.Ragunathan,27, No.30 Lorong Sutera 3, Taman Maznah, Klang
4. P.Vellasamy, 35, No. 32 Jalan Hulubalang 28, Taman Sentosa, Klang
5. A.Sinakaruppan,29, Lot 2884 Kampung Jawa Sungai Kandis, Jalan Kampung Jawa, Klang
6. K.Murugan,40, No. 1 Lorong Dato Abd Hamid 20, Taman Sri Sentosa, Klang
7. N.Hilavarasan,25, No. 3 Lorong Kerongsang 10A Bandar Puteri Klang
8. R.Suthagar,39, No. 73 Jalan Takwa 25/27 Taman Seri Muda Shah Alam
9. G.Prabakaran ,32, No. 5 Jalan Nagasari 36/1 Taman Desa Latania, Seksyen 36, Shah Alam
10. A.Ramakrishnan,32, D-45 Apartmen Bayu Villa, Jalan Batu Unjur 10, Taman Bayu Perdana, Klang
11. A.A Parameswaran,37, B-6 Lot 9879 Batu 4, Jalan Sellathevan Kampung Jawa, Klang
12. P. Jayanathan,39, No. 12 Jalan Dato Yusuf Shahbudin 3, Taman Sentosa Klang
13. L. Sathiya Seelan,34, No. 13 Batu 21/2 Kampung Jawa, Klang
14. M. Thilip Kumar,32, Lot 6292C Sungai Pinang, Batu 2, Jalan Kapar, Klang
15. S. Harvindran,21, Lot 10435 21 Jalan Kampung Jawa 4, Klang
The group was said to be involved in cases that included murder, kidnapping, drug trafficking and extortion.
The 'Op Cantas Khas' in Selangor came after two separate videos of a group of motorcyclists causing a commotion and acting rowdy outside a school went viral in April.
Those in the clip were seen holding banners; one bore the letter “24”, “TD4” and a black swastika.
In the first video, which lasted 1.1 minutes, the group was seen shouting and reviving their motorcycle engines outside the school.
Meanwhile, the second video started with a close-up of a cake with a picture of a man with a native American headdress and words “SMK Sri Andalas”, “24” and “Apache” written on it.
One of the motorcyclists causing the commotion was wearing a school uniform.
Both videos seemed to be recorded at the same location.
Mazlan was speaking to reporters after launching a crime prevention programme "Polis Selangor dan Komuniti Bersama Memerangi Jenayah' at KDU International School here.
Also present was Malaysia Crime Prevention Foundation (MCPF) senior vice-chairman Tan Sri Lee Lam Thye.