The trial of six men charged with murdering deputy public prosecutor Datuk Anthony Kevin Morais was cut short today after two of the accused suffered from diarrhoea. NST FILE PIC

KUALA LUMPUR: The trial of six men charged with murdering deputy public prosecutor Datuk Anthony Kevin Morais was cut short today after two of the accused suffered from diarrhoea.

The proceedings were in the defence stage before High Court judge Datuk Azman Abdullah when lawyer V. Rajehgopal told the court that accused M.Vishwanath and S.Ravi Chandaran had been vomitting since last night.

"I do not think Vishwanath is able to testify today as he even vomited in the court lockup room," he said.

Vishwanath, the fourth defence witness, was expected to testify this morning.

The trial continues on April 9.

The duo, together with Army pathologist Colonel Dr. R. Kunaseegaran, R. Dinishwaran, 23, A. Thinesh Kumar, 22, and S. Nimalan, 22, were jointly charged with murdering Kevin, 55, between 7am and 8pm on Sept 4, 2015, while Morais was on his way from Jalan Dutamas Raya Sentul to No. 1 Jalan USJ1/6D, Subang Jaya.

They face the mandatory death sentence should they be convicted.

Kevin was abducted on the morning of Sept 4 by several men. His remains were found in a cement-filled oil drum on Sept 16, 2015.

Morais was reported missing on Sept 4, 2015, and the last time he was seen was when he was leaving his condominium in Menara Duta here to go to work in Putrajaya.

He was driving a Proton Perdana car with registration number WA6264Q.

547 reads

Related Articles

Most Read Stories by