Close ↓
The coffin bearing the body of the teen who died after giving birth in a bathroom of her home in Parit Buntar being placed into a hearse at the Raja Permaisuri Bainun Hospital mortuary in Ipoh. (NSTP/L. MANIMARAN)

IPOH: The 18-year-old teen who was found dead in the bathroom of her home in Taman Kerian Permai, Parit Buntar, after giving birth to a baby boy on Sunday had complained of stomachache and constipation earlier.

She had also asked her mother for permission to use the bathroom as it was the en suite bathroom of the master bedroom.

State Criminal Investigation Department chief Senior Assistant Commissioner Yahya Abd Rahman said the girl had complained that she had a stomachache and asked for permission to use the bathroom at 8.30am.

However, when after 30 minutes she had still not come out, her mother went to check on her.

“The teen replied that she was having constipation. About 10am, the mother called for her again and she replied that she was still not done using the toilet.

“This went on for some time, the mother or the youngest sibling checking up on her. Each time, she would give the same answer. However, at 2pm, she did not reply at all.

“At this point, the mother broke down the door to the bathroom and found the victim leaning against the wall, unconscious. She looked pale and there was blood all over the floor. The mother also saw an ‘object’ and blood in the toilet bowl.”

Yahya said the mother tried to revive the victim but did not receive any response so she called the 999 hotline.

At the same time, she said, the mother realised that the ‘object’ in the toilet bowl was a baby which was not moving at all.

Yahya said a medical team which arrived at the house at 2.45pm declared the victim and her baby as already being dead.

“The bodies of both were then taken to the Raja Permaisuri Bainun Hospital (HRPB) moturary for post-mortem examination... at this point in time, we have classified the case as ‘sudden death’,” he said.

It is understood that none of the family members knew that the girl had been pregnant.

At the HRPB mortuary today, family members arrived at 9.15am but efforts to interview them as they were too distraught to speak.

A neighbour of the family, Parit Buntar Umno division chief Datuk Abu Bakar Mat Ali, said he was informed of the tragedy about 4pm that day.

He asked the media to respect the family’s wishes to be left alone in their time of sadness.

Close ↓