SHAH ALAM: Investigation papers over the misuse of An-Nur Mosque, Kampung Melayu Subang by Subang MP R. Sivarasa has been completed and will be handed over to the Sultan of Selangor, Sultan Sharafuddin Idris Shah by this week.
Selangor Islamic Religious Department (Jais) director Datuk Haris Kasim said the report is in its final review and he personally would submit it to the Sultan of Selangor.
“The report comprised of details from eight witnesses whom we had summoned including the nazir (mosque’s administrator), programme organiser, host, Sivarasa and qariah (female reciter) of the mosque.
“Jais had also include suggestion on actions that could be taken towards the nazir of the mosque which is warning, cancellation of appointment or any other appropriate orders,” he said when when at Hari Raya Aidilfitri celebration organised by the department.
Haris said Jais had previously come out with a clear guideline on the usage of the mosque, especially the prayer hall.
“The ban on prayer hall is clear while the mosque’s compound are allowed to be used to conduct charity events and so on but politically-charged programmes are strictly prohibited,” he said.
He added, further actions would be taken towards the nazir of the mosque, and it would be finalised this week.
On May 24, Sivarasa was said to have appeared at the mosque as a representative of Selangor Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Azmin Ali, before he began delivering a speech at the mosque’s prayer hall.
Several pictures of the PKR MP for Subang in the mosque, has since gone viral and led to great dissatisfaction among several quarters.
The Sultan of Selangor issued a decree, ordering Jais to take action against the mosque committee for allowing the MP to hold a talk in its premises.
Following the decree, Sivarasa had apologised to Sultan Sharafuddin through a private letter, explaining that his short speech during the event was not a talk or a political speech.