This is despite the claim that Rafizi Ramli had made, where he was reported to have said that he has collected more than RM1.5 million in donation from Malaysians. (NST file pix)

KUALA LUMPUR: PKR vice-president Rafizi Ramli admitted that he has yet to settle the damages and cost to the National Feedlot Corporation (NFC) and its executive chairman Datuk Seri Dr Mohamad Salleh Ismail after losing a defamation suit.

This is despite the claim that Rafizi had made, where he was reported to have said that he has collected more than RM1.5 million in donations from Malaysians.

He has however, assured the public that the sum will be settled tomorrow.

“My lawyer will calculate the latest sum that needs to be paid including interests and I will hand over a cheque to him tomorrow, payable to Datuk Seri Salleh Ismail and NFC,” he said in a statement today.

He added that once the payment is settled, this bankruptcy issue should no longer be raised and that he will wait for the date of appeal to overturn Judge Azizul Azmi Adnan’s decision.

Rafizi claimed Salleh had never tried to contact him and that he had only left letters at his house, requesting him to be home at a certain date and time to receive the notice.

He described Salleh’s action of applying for the bankruptcy proceeding without exhausting all avenues to send the notice by hand, as a personal attack.

“By obtaining a notice from the court, it was intended to imply that I was dishonest in accepting the public’s contribution to pay the sum claimed by him, that I kept the amount and did not pay it to him,” he said.

Meanwhile Salleh reiterated that the bankruptcy proceeding was initiated after he exhausted all avenues.

Yesterday, a bankruptcy proceeding had been initiated against Rafizi over his alleged failure to pay damages and cost related to the NFC’s defamation suit against him.

A classified advertisement in Berita Harian had stated that a bankruptcy notice had been obtained by NFC and Salleh against Rafizi at the Shah Alam High Court.

The plaintiffs, NFC and Salleh, had initiated the proceedings over the unpaid RM306,999.17 in damages and cost. The notice is dated July 13, and effected by an order dated Sept 12.

It also stated Rafizi could object to the proceedings seven days from the receipt of the notice.

963 reads