KUANTAN: Raub has fully recovered from the floods which hit the district last week, with the remaining 26 evacuees receiving the green light to return home today.
The last group of victims at the Kuala Semantan evacuation centre were allowed to leave at 7.30am.
"The weather has improved and the group was the final batch to leave the relief centre. All temporary relief centres in Raub are now closed," said state Civil Defence Force director Zainal Yusoff.
On Sunday, Raub became the first district in Pahang to be hit by floods in the current monsoon season after Sungai Lipis burst its banks following incessant heavy rain since Friday.
The floods also triggered landslides along a 4km stretch of the only road connecting Kampung Orang Asli Sungai Kelit to the outside world.
Zainal said the Public Works Department is planning to build temporary access for motorcyclists so that villagers can travel in and out of their settlement.