Close ↓
A recent video clip which has gone viral on social media shows a grown man skipping and lunging boyishly towards the side entrance of a shopping centre at an undisclosed city in China. (Pix from social media)
A recent video clip which has gone viral on social media shows a grown man skipping and lunging boyishly towards the side entrance of a shopping centre at an undisclosed city in China. (Pix from social media)

KUALA LUMPUR: A man at a shopping mall in China would have been shown the door for his recent impulsive behaviour – if he hadn’t already broken it to bits.

A recent video clip which has gone viral on social media shows a grown man skipping and lunging boyishly towards the side entrance of a shopping centre at an undisclosed city in China.

The nine-second CCTV footage also shows a woman lagging behind the man, seemingly less enthused by the excursion, and moving at a decidedly more dignified pace.

After leaping over the last flight of stairs – with arms childishly aloft – and galloping for another two metres, the man unceremoniously smashes face-first into the right portion of a set of double glass doors.

Thanks to the see-through nature of the door, the man’s face can be seen flattening at the point of impact, and his look – a mixture of shock and pain – is cartoonishly visible.

The poor door, meanwhile, flings violently open, smashes against the glass wall and shatters into a million pieces.

Stunned, the man stands stock still for half-a-second, before walking away from the mound of splintered glass, while rubbing the sides of his head.

The woman, who stands in horror about a metre away, appears to keep her distance as the man walks out of the video’s frame.

Perhaps she was thinking: “This is why I never take you out!”

It is understood that the man was spared serious injury – though he may be liable to compensate the shopping centre.

Surprisingly, many Chinese netizens have come to the overly-jubilant man’s defence, saying that the glass doors had been “wiped too clean” and that there should have been a sign warning shoppers of potential hazards.

Close ↓