KUALA LUMPUR: The government pledged to fully disclose the full and final report on the search for missing Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 and ensured that it will not hide anything from its findings.
Transport Minister, Anthony Loke said the US-based seafront exploration company, Ocean Infinity Limited had requested time until tomorrow for it to conclude its undersea search for the missing plane.
He said it is expected to submit a full report to the government after that.
“Once the Cabinet goes through it, it will be released to the public without any prejudice, in a transparent manner. This includes, even if there are any controversial elements in it,” he said.
As mentioned before, Loke said any reports involving people will be revealed openly, and nothing will be kept hidden.
“We are serious about it but I can’t guarantee 100 percent that the aircraft can be found. I’m just a minister, not an aviation expert. But what I can guarantee is that the full report will be made public in the next couple of months,” Loke told reporters after his visit to the Malaysian Aviation Commission (MAVCOM) here, today.
He said previously, only the interim reports were given since the aircraft's disappearance on March 8, 2014.
“This is the first time a full report on the search is expected to be released. The decision on the direction of the search will be announced later after the Cabinet meeting,” he said.
In January, Ocean Infinity began a search for the missing MH370 and aimed to find the plane's wreckage by June or July this year on a ‘No Find, No Fee’ term.