This handout photo taken on October 29, 2019 from the facebook page of Chyna Nicole Via shows residents checking for people after a school building collapsed during a 6.6-magnitude earthquake in Tulunan town, North Cotabato province, on the southern island of Mindanao. (Photo by Handout / Chyna Nicole Via / AFP)

PUTRAJAYA: The Foreign Ministry says there have not been any reports of Malaysians being affected by the earthquake in the east of Tulunan in North Cotabato, the Philippines, today.

The ministry said it had been monitoring developments following the 6.6 magnitude earthquake.

It said Malaysians who required consular assistance could contact the Consulate General of Malaysia in Davao City at 2nd Floor, Usman Building, Diho Subdivision Road, Buhangin, Davao City 8000 Philippines or call +63 82 221 4050/+63 936 9684001 or email [email protected].

“The ministry wishes to convey sympathies and condolences to the Philippine government and the people, in particular those who have been directly affected.

“Malaysia stands in solidarity with the Philippines during this challenging time,” the ministry said in a statement today.

The epicentre of the earthquake, the ministry said, was located at approximately 152 km from Davao City.

“According to the local authorities, the earthquake has so far claimed two lives and caused damages to buildings and residences.”