KOTA KINABALU: A woman did not expect the thud on her roof was caused by emergency landing made by a paragliding guide and his guest.
During the incident at 3pm yesterday, Elphyrah Pooson, 27, was at her home at Kampung Talungan in Telipok, near here.
Initially, she thought the loud sound was caused by a ball thrown from a nearby primary school.
"But I was shocked when my neighbour told me there were two people on the roof.
“I saw a local (the guide) and another woman, a tourist from China standing on top of my house," she said when contacted, adding both of them were safe after her family helped them down.
The guide had told her that they took off from a hill at Menggatal but due to the wind changing direction, both had to make an emergency landing.
Both paragliders also agreed to compensate damages caused to the roof.
Elphyrah, who is a nurse, said it was the fourth incident that had occurred in the village but the community knows such landings happened for safety reasons.