Perak State Immigration director Kamalludin Ismail (center) shows a plunder of online activities after detaining Chinese citizens including two women in a raid by the Perak Malaysia Immigration Department at a two-storey bungalow on Jalan Tun Dr Ismail, Ipoh at a press conference at the Ministry of Home Affairs Complex (GDP), Meru Raya, Ipoh. -NSTP/ABDULLAH YUSOF

IPOH: Perak Immigration Department yesterday arrested 40 Chinese nationals, believed to be part of the remaining suspects who had escaped during an operation in Cyberjaya last month.

Its director Kamalludin Ismail said the suspects comprising 38 men and two women aged between 18 and 54 were arrested in a raid on a bungalow in Jalan Tun Dr Ismail here.

He said a check on the house found that it had been used to operate online activities and as a one-stop centre for the Chinese nationals, judging by the supply of food found.

Among the citizens of China were two women arrested in the raid by the Perak Immigration Department of Malaysia (JIM) at a two-storey bungalow on Jalan Tun Dr Ismail, Ipoh at a press conference at the Ministry of Home Affairs (Merdeka) complex, Meru Raya, Ipoh. -NSTP/ABDULLAH YUSOF

"We believe they have been in the bungalow for two weeks and during the four days the house was under surveillance, no in and out movements were recorded," he told a press conference here today.

According to Kamaluddin in the raid 80 mobile phones, 31 computers, seven high-tech routers, 76 bank cards, 27 Chinese credit cards and 31 Chinese identification cards were seized.

Kamaluddin said after further investigations it was believed that immoral activities were also going on in the premises and one of the women was detained for alleged prostitution.

Twenty-six Immigration personnel were involved in the two-hour operation which began at 4.30pm, he added.

On Nov 20, in a raid on a six-storey building in Cyberjaya, the Immigration Department arrested 680 Chinese nationals while about 100 others managed to flee during the operation. -- Bernama