#Showbiz: 2AM's Changmin not the culprit named and shamed by the #MeToo movement?March 8, 2018 @ 7:04PM
By Dennis Chua
KUALA LUMPUR: K-Po p group 2AM’s member Changmin is not one of the alleged culprits named and shamed in the on-going #MeToo movement which highlights worldwide cases of sexual assault in the workplace.
According to a news report by Allkpop yesterday, an official Instagram post from Changmin’s record label The B Sky Entertainment strongly denied that the artiste had been accused of sexual assault by #MeToo.
The post said: “The B Sky Entertainment is unable to fully grasp the extent of the pain and damage suffered by victims of the on-going social movement #MeToo, which has received much sympathy from people around the world.
“We sincerely wish for all victims to smile again and that no more people suffer workplace sexual harrassment.
“We also wish that nobody gets blamed for wrongdoings as a result of a misinformed mob mentality.
“The B Sky Entertainment will not hesitate to take legal action against false, malicious accusations made against our artistes, and we apologise to everybody concerned especially supporters of the movement.”
Yesterday, an unnamed Netizen spoke up in support of #MeToo and revealed she was sexually assaulted by a trainee in a ballad group.
Various Korean media news reports said that the alleged culprit identified only as “A” was the “lead singer of a ballad group” and this caused some Netizens to point fingers at Changmin.