CUPERTINO: Apple's iPhone X created a lot of buzz after its unveiling yesterday at Apple headquarters in the US.
We had a chance to take a closer look at the phone just after the event.
Here are some key features of the phone and the video presentation.
1. iPhone X is the future of the smartphone, with a stunning all-glass design featuring the all-new 5.8‑inch Super Retina display with the first OLED screen that rises to the standards of iPhone.
2. iPhone X delivers an innovative and secure new way for customers to unlock, authenticate and pay using Face ID.
3. Redesigned rear cameras with dual optical image stabilisation shoot vibrant photos with more detail while delivering the highest quality video capture ever in a smartphone.
4. The new TrueDepth camera brings Portrait mode to the front camera for stunning selfies; and brings emoji to life in a fun new way with Animoji, which we feel is a very cool feature.
5. Just like the iPhone 8 Plus - iPhone X enhances Portrait mode with Portrait Lighting, has the benefits of the A11 chip, and wireless charging built in.
The iPhone X will only be available in the US starting Nov 3 from US$999, while Malaysia's availability and pricing are yet to be announced.