KUALA LUMPUR: Popular TV host and former HotFM radio announcer Farah Fauzana Mohd Fadzil today issued a statement that her wedding is off.
On Aug 1, the 36-year-old celebrity, also known as Fafau, had announced that she would be tying the knot to a businessman she only named as Mohamed Hafiz, on Sept 17.
In her statement today, she said she made the difficult decision after seriously re-considering the marriage as well as discussing it with her parents and Hafiz's, as well as her close family members.
Saying she had given it thorough consideration and believed that it was a decision also guided by God, she had concluded that she could not carry on with the wedding plan.
With less than a fortnight to the big day, the wedding was reported to have been almost 90 per cent ready.
"I believe all these had been fated and I'm sure there's a silver lining to these dark clouds," she said in the statement.
Fara however, did not explicitly state the reason as to why she had called off the wedding.
She also noted that she had to issue the statement as some members of the media might have already heard whispers on the grapevine.
And as she is going through a difficult time right now, she hopes this statement is sufficient and no further questions regarding the matter would be asked.
In the meantime, Hafiz will reportedly issue his statement in a day or two.
The 38-year-old businessman said that he only found out about the statement made by Fara earlier today from a reporter who contacted him asking for his comment.
At the moment, Hafiz has no response.