REMBAU: A 16-year-old boy was electrocuted while charging his mobile phone at his home in Kampung Gaing Baru Pedas, here, on Monday.
District police chief Deputy Superintendent Anuar Bakri Abdul Salam said the victim, identified as Mohd Aidi Azzhar Zahrin was found dead at 12.45pm by his mother.
He said the 51-year-old mother, when leaving home for work at 7.45am, had spotted her son lying on the floor but thought he was sleeping.
"While at work, she felt uneasy and decided to return home to check on her son.
"At home, she found him in the same position. She then tried to wake him up and as she touched him, the boy's body felt cold," he said.
Anuar Bakri said the woman then contacted a nearby clinic and a medical officer was rushed to the house.
"Checks showed no sign of bruises or injuries. However, there was bleeding in the boy's left ear," he said.
He said the boy was believed to be wearing the headphone while the handphone was charging.
"The medical officer later confirmed that the boy had died hours earlier." he said.
Anuar Bakri added that a post mortem conducted at Tuanku Ja'afar Hospital revealed that the cause of death to be related to electrocution.