KUALA LUMPUR: Eco World Development Group Bhd (EcoWorld) has confirmed that there was "a localised failure of a slab" at the Bukit Bintang City Centre (BBCC) at 8:23pm on Friday.
According to theedgemarkets.com, quoting a statement by Eco World today, there was no injury to any person.
EcoWorld said it had come to the property developer's attention that pictures on the site incident at BBCC had been circulating via social media.
"There was no injury to any person or damage to any property. The relevant authorities were informed and investigations to identify the root cause of the incident were undertaken immediately.
"In the meantime, the affected area was cordoned off whilst works continued as normal on other parts of the site which were not affected by the incident. On January 28, 2019, BBCC received the go ahead from the Department of Occupational Safety & Health to proceed with clearing of the area today (January 29)," EcoWorld said.