(File pic) Perak state executive councillor (exco) Paul Yong Choo Kiong who was accused of raping his Indonesian maid, has maintained his innocence. (Pic by RAZIF ROSLI)

IPOH: Perak state executive councillor (exco) Paul Yong Choo Kiong who was accused of raping his Indonesian maid, has maintained his innocence.

The Housing, Local Government, Public Transport, Non-Islamic Affairs and New Villages Committee chairman said he had never raped or sexually assaulted her, and believed that justice and truth would prevail.

“I am totally shocked and baffled by the allegation, which is unfounded. I hereby unequivocally and categorically deny it.

“While maintaining my total innocence, I have given my full cooperation to the police and brought witnesses to assist in the investigation to show that the allegation is false.

“Meanwhile, I respect the due process of the law. I will allow the police to carry out their professional and independent investigation,” he said in a statement today.

State police chief Datuk Razarudin Husain said the 23-year-old Indonesian had been taken to a safe location.

Razarudin said the woman was staying at the place until the investigation papers were referred to the federal police and the deputy public prosecutor.

“We have received a police report from an Indonesian woman aged 23 on Monday who claimed that she was raped at a house in Meru, here, by her employer, who is also one of the state excos.

“Following the report, police have conducted investigations by recording the victim’s statement. We have also taken her to the hospital for further checks,” he said, adding that the case was being investigated under Section 376 of the Penal Code.

The exco line-up swearing-in which was scheduled to take place at Istana Iskandariah, Kuala Kangsar, before Sultan of Perak Sultan Nazrin Muizzuddin Shah tomorrow has reportedly been postponed.

1,305 reads