SEREMBAN: The body of Irish teen Nora Anne Quoirin that was found at Pantai Hills on August 12 after she went missing for 10 days was claimed today at 12.42am.
Neither her family nor embassy officials were present at the Forensics Department in Hospital Tuanku Ja’afar here, but Negri Sembilan police chief Datuk Mohamad Mat Yusop confirmed that Nora Anne's has been claimed.
“I was just informed by the officers in the hospital that the body (Nora Anne) has just been claimed,” he said when contacted.
A hearse was seen at the forensics department at 12.38am, and a coffin covered in white cloth was brought into the hearse at 12.42am.
Media personnel who received information that the body would be claimed had been waiting at the forensics department since 10pm.
There is no confirmation when the family will bring her body back to the UK.
The disappearance of Nora Anne received a large attention locally and internationally.
Nora Anne went missing on August 4 at the resort she and her family were staying in Pantai Hills.
The family was here for a two-week holiday at the luxury eco resort.
A search and rescue operation was immediately launched after she was reported missing, and it came to a tragic end when her body was found on the 10th day of the SAR operation.
After a 12-hour post-mortem on Wednesday, Mohamad announced on Thursday there was no foul play in the death of Nora Anne.
The autopsy results showed that she died of starvation.
The family in a statement released yesterday also hoped that they will get "more answers to their many questions".
They said Nora Anne "died in extremely complex circumstances".
The family also thanked the Malaysian authorities for their ongoing support and cooperation with international governments and police as the criminal and missing persons investigations continue.
It was reported in Reuters that a criminal investigation into Nora Anne’s case for kidnapping was opened by Paris prosecutors on August 9.
In addition to this, the Lucie Blackman Trust said that the ongoing investigations in France will remain underway as it was a standard practice in overseas cases involving French citizens.