KOTA KINABALU: The Health Ministry has dismissed a report of Covid-19 in Kudat.
Director-General of Health Datuk Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah told the New Straits Times today no one had been infected with the coronavirus in the district.
He was referring to a report of a 35-year-old woman in Kudat who allegedly showed symptoms of the disease upon returning from Korea.
It is learned that the woman, who works as a laboratory personnel at Kudat district hospital, had gone there with her friends on Feb 15.
When she returned on Feb 20, she had fever, headache, cough, flu and sore throat which prompted her to seek treatment at the hospital.
State Health and People's Wellbeing minister Datuk Frankie Poon had said yesterday that the woman was now being quarantined at home for 14 days.
Poon said the health authority would be monitoring her closely and urged the public not to panic.