KUALA LUMPUR: Telekom Malaysia Berhad (TM) today confirmed that it has identified a suspected case of Covid-19 among its personnel through a preliminary test.
The case was currently pending confirmation from the Health Ministry (MoH)’.
In a statement it said the employee who is based at Menara TM ONE in Damansara was currently receiving medical attention at a government hospital.
The employee is suspected to have developed symptoms outside of the office since the employee went on leave on March 11, it said.
“TM wishes to reaffirm that the health and wellbeing of its employees are of utmost priority and will continue to be vigilant in its effort to contain the spread of the Covid-19 virus.
“TM is taking all possible measures to mitigate further spread of the virus and keep its personnel safe,” the statement said.
It said that Menara TM ONE was immediately put under lockdown since Thursday night and was currently undergoing full disinfection as advised by the MoH.
“Detailed contact tracing is being carried out by the Ministry and the TM Covid-19 Response Team to identify and inform those who had close contact with the employee, as well as investigating where the employee might have contracted it from,” it said.
TM said those in close contact were immediately put on home quarantine and those who develop symptoms are requested to contact the nearest district medical centre for advice and further instructions.
It said that since the outbreak of Covid-19, TM had implemented a number of preventive measures across its operations to help contain the spread of the virus and ensure the wellbeing of its employees.
These measures were:
- Frequent alerts and awareness on the Covid-19 pandemic to all TM employees and building tenants;
- Carry out daily temperature checks on all employees, visitors, vendors, contractors and customers especially at its main buildings such as the company’s headquarters at Menara TM, TM Annexe 1, TM Annexe 2, Wisma TM Taman Desa, Menara Kuala Lumpur and TM ONE in Damansara;
- All TM employees who deal with customers have been provided with the necessary personal protection equipment including face masks. Meanwhile, employees who have recently travelled to high-risk countries or have been in close contact with Covid-19 patients or suspected cases are required to exercise self-quarantine and allowed to work from home;
- Conduct routine and thorough sanitisation of TM office buildings and premises as well as other common facilities at the refinery, in accordance with safety and health guidelines; and,
- Provide sufficient supply of hand sanitisers at TM offices, concourse areas, guest reception counters as well as TMpoint outlets.
In line with the Movement Control Order, TM has also initiated special working arrangements for its workforce nationwide effective March 18.
“TM employees with critical functions are given the options of flexible working hours or split working teams. Meanwhile, employees of non-critical functions are encouraged to work from home utilising digital channels and online productivity tools available,” it said.
Understanding that Malaysians are spending more time at home, TM, as the enabler of Digital Malaysia encourages Malaysians to make full use of their time utilising the available digital tools and the FREE access to all channels on unifi TV, including premium channels and unifi PlayTV; FREE LTE hotspot pass for unifi Mobile postpaid users; as well as 7-day unlimited data pass for unifi Mobile #BEBAS prepaid customers.
For more information, query, customer service, purchases and any support related needs, please visit www.unifi.com.my.