MELAKA: Those found to have been involved in brawling this morning during the PKR youth congress will be sacked from the party, its president Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim said.
The Port Dickson member of parliament said he had instructed PKR’s disciplinary board to terminate the memberships of the trouble makers responsible for the scuffle.
“I’d like to say that such unruly behaviour will not be tolerated without any severe action (taken on perpetrators).”
Anwar said he hoped the police would investigate the matter and take appropriate action.
Earlier today at around 10am, two factions of youth delegates began shouting, pushing and punching each other at several locations at the Melaka International Trade Centre’s lobby, entrance and parking lot.
This was after former PKR youth permanent chairman Muhamad Mizan Adli Mohd Nor was barred from entering the hall to chair the congress.
On Nov 27, Mizan along with his deputy Mohd Ramly Ahmad were sacked from their positions.
According to PKR youth national secretary Ahmad Syukri Che Ab Razak, the sackings were due to their age and discrepancy in the number of votes received during last year’s PKR Youth National Convention.
Previously, Mizan had said that he would continue to chair today’s congress.