RM97 bil allocated for EPF domestic investments in 2023

KUALA LUMPUR: The Employees Provident Fund (EPF) has designated a total of RM97 billion, or 83 per cent of its total fund allocation for domestic investments in 2023.

Prime Minister Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim, who is also the Finance Minister, said EPF has maintained an average annual fund allocation of over 80 per cent to be invested in the domestic market from 2019 to this year.

"In 2023, RM97 billion or 83 per cent of the total fund allocation has been designated for domestic investments.

"EPF will continue to prioritise domestic investments by allocating a significant portion of its annual funds to local markets, including in the form of money markets funds in local banks.

"(And) to ensure that the fund can optimise its sustainable investments, the EPF Investment Panel continually follows the Strategic Asset Allocation (SAA) framework, which allocates EPF investment assets across various asset classes, geographies, mandates, and strategies in line with the fund's investment objectives as a retirement fund manager," he said in a parliamentary written reply on Tuesday (Nov 7).

Anwar said this in response to Datuk Mohd Radzi Jidin (PN-Putrajaya) on the current percentage of the fund's investment holdings overseas.

EPF's total investment assets at present are valued at RM1.082 trillion, of which 61.4 per cent is designated for domestic investments, while the remaining 38.6 per cent is allocated for overseas investments.

Most Popular
Related Article
Says Stories